Jewellery Care Guide
To keep your jewellery’s brilliance, learn what to avoid and how to care for it with the care instructions below:
Caring For and Wearing Your Jewellery
- To help protect the durability and high-quality of your jewellery, remove your jewellery when you shower, bathe or engage in heavy exercise, particularly when swimming in the sea or a chlorinated swimming pool.
- Avoid spraying perfume, applying creams or any other liquids directly onto your jewellery.
- Keep your jewellery away from extreme temperatures, humidity or sunlight.
- Avoid wearing your jewellery when using bleach, cleaning products and other chemicals.
How to Store Your Jewellery
- We highly recommend that you store your jewellery in the original packaging provided or another suitably lined box or soft pouch and place a small packet of desiccant crystals in the packaging if you live in a humid climate.
- Ideally store your pieces of jewellery separately, so that they don't rub together or become tangled.
Cleaning Your Jewellery
- To keep your jewellery looking radiant and to remove the build-up of dirt and premature tarnish we recommend using a polishing cloth (this can be purchased for a few pounds online and at retailers such as Argos and elsewhere). Rub the piece in one direction rather than circular motions to avoid scratching.
- A Silver cleaner can be used to clean Sterling Silver plated pieces but not 18k Gold plated jewellery.
- Do not use tissue paper or paper towels to clean metal as they can cause scratching.
- Since crystals and gemstones can be quite delicate, hot water, harsh chemicals and cleaners should be avoided at all times.
- Clean your gemstones with a clean, soft, damp cloth after wearing.
- Do not use tissue paper or paper towels to clean gemstones as they can cause scratching.